About Sylvan Learning
Sylvan Learning is an American education group who offers innovative education multi-programs targeting students from primary to high school. The programs, which include STEM and College Prep, are a combination of quality content and innovative technology to prepare students with necessary skills and progressive knowledge within the relevant areas. With almost 40 years of experience, 800 centers all over the world, Sylvan Learning is now present in Vietnam with 5 centers in Ho Chi Minh City in 2017
- P & L Responsibility
- Leading the Program Consultant (PC) team to achieve monthly approved budget of the Center.
- Managing daily sales results, enquiry sources and conversion ratio of the PC sales team
- Increasing number of students and consequently Sylvan’s market share to the neighboring area. Working with Business Development team to build up relationship with the neighboring schools, organize seasonal events with these schools to get leads from this sources.
- Managing well cost of the center, including controlling well the teacher cost and grouping class, managing teachers/ student ratio according to the designated courses.
- Academic Management
- Making sure that all academic plans in place.
- Making sure that the relationship, communicating channel between center and Academic department at head office is maintained.3Teachers & teaching
- Making sure that daily teaching activities are up to Sylvan standards.
- Making sure that enough teaching resources at the center for teachers.
- Making sure that the teachers are listened to and helped to solve their problems.
Students & learning
- Making sure that learning conditions are up to standard
- Making sure that students are assessed and placed to the right ability level.
- Making sure that all students’ learning history is recorded properly.
- Making sure that students’ regulation is followed.
- Operations & People Management:
- Managing the Center and ensuring daily smooth operations and delivery to students.
- Being responsible for overall look and feel of the Center, ensuring that it is consistently warm, welcoming, tidy and clean.
- Executive problem-solving skills and the ability to organize and manage workloads are required
- Ensuring the implementation of effective meeting and information sharing structures
- Motivating and coaching Center staff to provide excellent results and service.
- Creating and providing reports timely and accurately that track and monitor all Center KPIs.
- Other tasks as requested by BOD
- Cooperating to Human Resources to ensure that all people development strategies to support retention and excellent results are put in place.
- Motivating a team of people from diverse backgrounds and skills levels
- Excellent interpersonal style – with cultural sensitivity to deal with diverse nationalities
- BA is required
- 3+ years in Sales experience with at least 2 years in a managerial role.
- Experience in Education is preferred
- Able to manage and work effectively with various departments.
- Results-oriented and initiative-taking.
- Used to working with targets and benchmarking success
- Strong people management skills, Inclusive, can-do attitude
- Fluent English and local language
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High integrity