About Sylvan Learning
Sylvan Learning is an American education group who offers innovative education multi-programs targeting students from primary to high school. The programs, which include STEM and College Prep, are a combination of quality content and innovative technology to prepare students with necessary skills and progressive knowledge within the relevant areas. With almost 40 years of experience, 800 centers all over the world, Sylvan Learning is now present in Vietnam with 5 centers in Ho Chi Minh City in 2017
Be responsible for the TEST PREP program at Sylvan Learning, including:
- Assess the suitability of the syllabus with Vietnamese students & suggest modification if needed
- Develop curriculum for SAT and ACT programs
- Control the implementation and overall delivery quality of the syllabus
- Create the instructional strategies, sample lesson plans, suggesting teaching aids for teachers.
- Understand competitors and suggest appropriate competition strategy (in terms of syllabus, curriculum, teaching methodologies, etc.)
Support in building Academic Team:
- Contact teachers, find qualified teachers for different courses, discuss and agree with teachers on teaching methods and lesson plans.
- Observe and support teachers, ensuring that their performance is of the highest possible standard so that the students derive the maximum benefit from their courses.
- Support in relevant marketing and business development activities
- Support with material/syllabus translation
- Assure all related activities meet the values and expectation of the program and the company
- Seek feedback, reflect and act upon information received to develop professionally; attend training activities; learn from and share knowledge within the team effectively
- Other responsibilities as required by the supervisor/management
- Have experience in teaching SAT and ACT is preferred
- Strong ability to assess the suitability of the syllabus and adapt it to different student’s levels and demands
- Good network within the teaching community
- Have attractive teaching skills, willing to apply new teaching methodology
- Passionate for education and teaching methodology training and development
- Good class management skills
- Excellent English; having taken Test Prep exams is an advantage.
- High integrity.